How to Grow Tea Seeds
1. Place the seeds in a bowl, pour water over them and let them soak for 24 hours. Discard floating seeds as they are not viable.
2. Spread the seeds on a tray in the sun and allow them to remain until they crack. Spray them with water occasionally during this time.
3. Combine equal parts of sand and vermiculite, moisten it and pour it into the planting pots. Find the side of the seed with a light spot. This is the top of the seed and it should be pointed up when the seed is planted, 1 inch deep.
4. Leave the pot in the shade and keep the planting medium moist at all times. The camellia seeds should sprout within two months. Move them into brighter light when they have their fourth set of leaves.
5. Transplant the seedlings into the garden when they reach 6 inches in height. Choose a spot that is mostly sunny. The camellia plant can tolerate afternoon shade as long as it remains in an area with a temperature between 65 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
All orders are shipped within 24 to 48 hours of you placing the order using DHL eCommerce, USPS or ePacket depending on your location and fastest available service. Typical delivery time frame is between 14 to 21 business days however, you may receive your items much earlier. All orders are shipped with tracking number so you can track it every step of the way! Packages may be faced with delays beyond our control such as customs or postal delays.